Monday, March 26, 2012

Crackle/Shatter

     Today I am going to talk about one of my favorite things to do with my nails. I call it crackle, but the OPI website calls it shatter, so I guess you can call it whatever you want. Crackle/ Shatter looks like this.
photo credit to http://www.bjanebrewing.com/

When I first saw this, I thought it had to be done by hand and I was like, wow, that must take alot of time. But really it's quite easy.
1. First you apply a base coat of normal nail polish. It can be any color you like.

2. Wait for it to dry, then apply it again.


Crackle Overcoat
photo credit to http://www.sallyhansen.com/

3. Then take some crackle nail polish.


You buy this at most stores that sell nail polish. Apply it onto your nail just like it was another layer of you base coat.

********You want to make sure that your base coat and your crackle colors go well together. You also want to be sure that the two colors are very different, because if they are too alike you won't be able to see the crackle as well.

4. Wait for it to dry, and the VOILA!!!
Photo credit to ww.sodahead.com

I hoped you liked this post. if you did, comment and tell us, and follow our blog. Also tell your friends about this log, because once we get 2,000 viewers or 20 followers we will have a contest for our readers with amazing prizes! If you want, you can also answer our poll about your favorite type of post we do, because if you vote, then we will be sure to do more of that type of post! Goodbye for now!
--Glitter Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes