Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Ripple Effect

Hey Everyone!

     I don't know about you, but daylight savings time and I are not friends. We usually go through cat fights, and then about a week later we are de-clawed and living peacefully together. This time was no different. Here I am with an inspired post. Here is the story....

    I found a trail. I know, not super exciting, but this is no ordinary trail. I was bored with nothing on my to do list, so I decided to search around looking for something fun to do. I went behind the woods and found this trail, filled with grey gravel and a strip of grass running through the middle. No one was on it, and it did not seem like there was going to be, but this was definitely a public trail, so I decided to go for a jog. This led me up to some tall grass and a light scattering of trees down this incline off to the side of the trail. Being the risky, and may I add zesty, explorer that I am, I decided to take a detour to see where this led me. After getting poked by thorns and twigs quite a few times, I walked up the small hill that led to my discovery. And there it was.

    A perfect, peaceful little sanctuary of a pond! It was a decent size, and no one was around. So I sat beside the pond and noticed the pattern of the water. It swayed gently, and it reminded me of a fashion trend that has been popping up all over in spring and summer trends, and it is the rippled fabric! So there is the short and not-so interesting story of how I got the idea for this post.

Here is the skirt where it has that crinkled effect, except this was put into ruffles! It typically adds a more casual touch to the outfit, but when you put it in ruffle form, it becomes more of a dressy piece!








This is a bright casual dress... I would put a belt with this to clench in the waist with this and draw more attention to the middle.









I love this wrinkled drape dress! It is a little short but looks amazing on the model, I think this would be a great way to jump in to the trend without looking like you have been without an iron for months!



Overall, I do like this trend when worn tastefully. I am going to try it soon! Be sure to comment and follow, tell me what your favorite dress is!



- Perfectly Pink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes