Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beauty Basics: Contouring

Hey everyone!

     I have been obsessed with contouring lately. It fascinates me that you can look like you lost ten pounds by just adding shadows! I do not do this daily, but if you want that extra punch to any look, try this trick!

     This is also what professional makeup artists always do. Even if your makeup is super natural for a day, you can add this step for a natural touch that looks great on everyone. Here is what I use!

First I start with Benefit's Hoola bronzer. Not only is the packaging adorable, it is the perfect matte color that is great for contouring.  Start by taking a 169 large angled contouring brush from mac. Find the hollow of your cheekbone and place the bronzer there, don't worry if it looks too harsh, we will blend it later! Start with less product on the brush, you can always add more later. If you want to, you can place this on the sides of your face for added shadows.




Next you want to add the highlighter. My favorite is soft and gentle mineralized skin finish by mac, you can also use this as an eyeshadow, by the way! I use a 165 mac brush, but this is discontinued so you can use the 188, but any highlighter brush will work. I go in a "C" by starting below the center of the eye on the top of your cheekbone. After that, take the brush and go up the cheekbone and finish below your brow bone for a light sheen that looks amazing in any lighting, especially in pictures!


Now you can blend it out, making sure that there are no noticeable harsh lines. I would love to see this with a slightly winged out liner and a fun brighter lip for spring. Maybe coral! I love spring and summer, you can get away with adding a little color!

I have been wearing my hair in the soft curls tutorial I posted, and I have been loving it! It takes me around five minutes to complete it at the most, and it hold he whole day without hairspray, keeping it very light. Plus, if it starts to annoy me, I can put it in a messy bun and have one or two curls in the front to frame my face.

Wow this is a long post! thanks for reading, be sure to follow and feel free to comment with any questions! Big thanks to our follows and supporters, you keep Forever Fuchsia going!

♥ Perfectly Pink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes