Sunday, January 6, 2013

Spring's New "It" Color






      Yes, it is blue. Do not run screaming out the door, I can explain. When I thought of blue eyeshadow, I used to imagine a really bad 80's music video. Trust me, I thought it was pretty crazy too. This is coming from the person that does crazy looks everyday, but I mean, come on, blue? After testing out just about every color imaginable, I knew that there had to be a way to make this work.
I was looking at the Spring/Summer 2013 makeup looks from Fashion Week. Here is my rundown on my favorite looks:
Anna Sui: The face was left very simple. A wash of pool blue shadow was applied to the lid.
Fendi: This one is pretty interesting; a bathing suit was cut up into small strips and used on the lower lash line. Wow.
Clements Riberio: A nautical blue was applied to the upper lash line in a cat eye with a dot on the lower lash line in the middle.
Altuzarra: A deep navy was used for lining the upper lash line and ended in a slight wing.



My S/S 2013 inspired look started with MAC's eyeliner in So There Jade. I applied this to my lid and lower lash line. After stopping the color just before the crease, I blended it out with a small smudge brush like the 214.
The key to getting an interesting mix of textures is to use both creams and powders. I am going to set the creamy eyeliner with MAC's Tilt Eyeshadow. This was applied with a 213 brush to my outer corner and crease.


I am going in with a multi-purpose chromagraphic pencil in Hi-Def Cyan and using it to cut the crease. I actually extended the crease a bit; this is such a beautiful color! After applying the pencil, I buffed it out for a soft edge using a 217.
I love the look of the shadows fading into the skin, so I made sure this transition was seamless.


 I wanted to slightly highlight the inner corner for a pop of aqua. This is actually softer than the other colors; it blends into the look very well. I applied this on a very small pencil brush to my inner corner.


Most of the model's wearing blue on the eyes sported a soft lip. They either had a light layer of concealer or nothing at all. I wanted a really soft lip with a hint of color, so I used the BH Cosmetics lip liner in earth.


This kind of resembles the makeup at the Monique Lhuillier show without the gold in the inner corner. I love that blue is finally coming back with a twist.
I also have some good news to share! I finally figured out how to use my new camera! (claps and cheers from the crowd) Let me know in the comments if you can see a difference in quality; I think it looks so much better! Also leave me a note and tell me if you are going to try the blue trend this spring. Feel free to request a post, and make sure to follow us on twitter! Thanks for reading!




5 Comments:

Lauren Megan said...

That is so pretty, i wouldnt wear blue eyeshadow because im not brave enough but that is so lovely!:)

laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

Forever Fuchsia said...

Thanks Lauren! I know, this trend may be one of the more challenging ones to pull off!

Unknown said...

This is so stunning! Wow, the pic quality is great! Your eyes are so pretty; you can literally wear any color. Beautiful look, great post!

Xoxo

Forever Fuchsia said...

Aww! You are so sweet! Thank you!

Unknown said...

how are you perfect at every single thing? This is so pretty! My eyes are drawn to the crease, it is blended out the perfect amount!

im really addicted to your blog now!

<3

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes