Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Makeup Story TAG

  



 I am really excited to finally do my first TAG post! I found the "My Makeup Story" tag in a couple of blogs and decided to try it out! I know that this is an older tag, but it seemed like a good one to start with. Keep reading to see my responses! 












1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup?

I would wear it for very special events when I was younger, but every little girl usually gets the occasional use of gloss. I started consistently wearing it when I was about 12 because I found it so interesting!

2. How did you get into makeup?

Probably by the online beauty community! I remember looking up "Mac" and intended to search for a MacBook when I saw posts and videos on MAC Cosmetics.

3. What are some of your favorite brands?

You can probably guess that my all time favorite is MAC. I also enjoy other brands like NYX, Urban Decay, and E.L.F.

4. What does makeup mean to you?


I feel like it is a form of self expression. Makeup is not always used to cover up flaws, it is used to bring out your best features. So many people think that it is just part of an everyday routine to look presentable, but I believe that it can make someone feel more confident, complete, and most of all, beautiful.

5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be?

This is a tough question! Probably a tinted moisturizer, mascara, eyeliner, and a really pigmented red gloss. You can easily get an old Hollywood inspired look by using these four products.

6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?


I feel like it is such a confidence booster! When I freelance, my favorite part is seeing the client's reaction. I love seeing how the right shade of lipstick can brighten up the entire face, or how a highlight brings the entire eye look together.

7. What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup?


I believe that all brands have a great range of products. It really depends on what aspect you are looking for; a lot of drugstore brands offer a lot of great products for lower prices. The reason I typically go for higher end products such as MAC is because it was the first brand I tried. I have been hooked ever since!

8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?


Practice makes perfect! Every chance you get, try out different combinations. Keep working with different textures, finishes, and colors. The best part? If you don't like it, you can always wash it off.

9. What is one makeup trend you never understood?

I don't know if this is even considered a trend, but I hate the fake orange tan look. I love the look of a healthy, tanned glow, but really? Why orange? 

10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube?

I think that it is amazing! I am saying this not only to you tubers, but to bloggers as well. I never knew how much hard work and dedication it took until I started blogging on here. Every single minute pays off, it is so much fun!

That concludes the "my makeup story" tag! I know this is a really old tag, but it seemed like so much fun! I tag all of you to try this if you haven't posted already. Tell me in the comments what tags I should check out, and make sure to follow! Thank you for reading!




6 Comments:

Lauren Megan said...

This is an amazing tag, its great hearing your makeup story!:)

laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

Forever Fuchsia said...

Thanks Lauren!

Char! said...

I love this tag, it's an interesting way to find out how people got into make up x

Forever Fuchsia said...

I agree! Thanks for reading!

Unknown said...

So much fun! You are such an inspiration; I am going to try some new looks thanks to you!

Forever Fuchsia said...

I am so glad! Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes