Saturday, September 8, 2012

Maybelline Downtown Brown

Hey Everyone!

     I am so excited about my latest polish find; it is my new fall "it" color. I was looking through CVS the other day and found the perfect color! This is Maybelline's Downtown brown, and I can honestly say I have never seen a color like this. It has a rich, deep brown base and a layer of green shimmer over it.



 This was taken without flash, and it looks like an emerald green with a little bit of olive shimmer to it. The green in it really blends in well with the overall color; it really shines through in the overall color.


I also love the packaging; it is really easy to roll it to get any bubbles out. Most people shake it, but I have found that rolling it works a lot better for a flawless finish.



This is the color with flash. I actually cropped this from my index finger so you could see how it looked in the light, and it is so stunning! The best way I can describe it is a dark chocolate base with flecks of mint green in it.



I was worried about how this would apply; I always have to take some more time on darker colors. I was so surprised at how easily this went on, it did not smudge and dried within minutes. 


I am very happy with the Color Show line, and I will purchase more in the future! I just wanted to give you all an update, and write a quick post!


     On a more personal note, I have been super busy lately. I promise I haven't forgotten about you all, my goal is to try to get at least three posts up a week. Once I get back in the loop of everything, I will be back! Another thing I wanted to update you all about is out layout. We changed it about a month ago, and are finally happy with it! We are still having some technical difficulties with it, but overall it has been great. I am obsessed with changing it up, so I might consider updating it again... Tell me in the comments what you think!


     Anyways, I am in love with Downtown Brown. I always have a color that I keep going back to, and this is already one of my favorites. Tell me in the comments if you have used anything from this line, and feel free to request a post, or just to say hi! Thanks for reading!

11 Comments:

Laurenlovesmakeupxoxo said...

great post!
http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

lia Lamourt said...

Great color dear i loooveee nail polishes xoxo lia ;)

Jess James said...

I love your blog! I just started one and I want it to be like yours. this color is soo pretty! But I love your blog, I check it everyday and I have read all of your posts!! That bright eyes one with all of the bright colors was geeenius!! I LOVE FOREVER FUCHSIA!!!!

jess

Forever Fuchsia said...

Hi Jess! I am so glad you like the blog! Have fun with yours!

Jamie said...

Pretty! Love the new layout!

xxx

daggistr said...

Wow this colour is amazing ...it's great for fall ! ....would You like to follow each other ? just let me know :)

Daggi
http://daggisway.blogspot.com/

Forever Fuchsia said...

I know, it is one of my favorites!

Xoxo

daggistr said...

thank you :) of course followed back :)

blackberryfashion said...

color is so pretty :) I'm following you now :)

http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

Forever Fuchsia said...

Thank you for all of the sweet comments! I promise we will be back, we have been working on the website layout and design. Posts will be up soon!

BrendaBrittaniBrooke Dobirstein said...

Love this color!

Thank you for the follow! : )
Followed you!

Hope your week is wonderful!

http://blovebfitbbeautiful.blogspot.ca/

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Premium Wordpress Themes